Thursday, September 6, 2012

Building a Blog

Template: Finding the perfect combination of layout, color, and font is a difficult task.  I thought about all the things I wanted to include such as nice colors, an easy-to-navigate layout, and cool font.  The light peachy, yellow and blue template was everything I hoped for.  The colors are calming, it’s easy to follow, and nothing says “sophisticated” like a cursive title.  This template will show the reader that I am relaxed, fun, and a little girly.

Title: Art is good for your heart.  It can make you feel beautiful, educated, cultured, mature, sad, scared, happy and a plethora of other emotions.  Art is truly for your heart, which made choosing the title easy.  Also, the fact that “art” and “heart” rhyme makes it ten times more creative.  I enjoy art just like the next guy (or girl) and I hope to enjoy it more and more.  This title represents how I view art.

Font:  The main purpose of a blog is to read it.  Therefore, it has to be legible.  That means a simple, readable font.  I chose the popular “verdana” as my font because I like the look and can easily read it.  Plain and simple!

About Me: On my “About Me” page, I included a few important things that I enjoy.  If you really knew me you would know that I am a sucker for a nice sweater, rarely get scared at the movies, obsess over gymnastics, and enjoy a good round of golf.  Those are a few things I included along with my favorite music.  I didn’t include favorite movies or books because I just could not decide! I want the reader to know some random things about me that will hopefully let them get a better sense of who I am without getting too personal.

I can honestly say that I am already pleased with my blog and having some fun with it.  I think it reflects our English 15S class along with myself.  Making this blog was fairly easy, though I did need to play around with it to work the blog to its full potential.  I expect to show myself as a writer and person through my blog and enjoy doing it!

1 comment:

  1. The title that you chose for your blog is extremely catchy! I also love the colors that you used. They are my two favorite colors! Your font is definitely legible as well so good job with that.

    ReplyDelete